Translate

Thursday, July 14, 2016

16) Picture proof of his diminished appetite

 They say a picture is worth 1000 words. Here is a picture of what Sasha  packed for his lunch  today.

 And this is what he brought home at 4 o'clock.

 You can hardly tell but he did eat a little bit of his salad. He said he didn't feel the need to eat the rest. Should I be worried  he isn't eating enough?   This is an example of a day when he left a great deal of food unfinished. On most days he eats about 50% of what he packs for lunch and finishes a modest amount of dinner.  If anyone had told me even one month ago that I would ever be concerned about my son not eating enough, I would have tossed back my head and laughed in their face!!

 In the not too distant past, he would pack a much larger lunch, perhaps one and a half times the size and still feel hungry and have the urge to forage for more food.  Now, as you can see, he is able to leave food uneaten if he doesn't feel hungry. I guess the difference is that he is actually able to feel sated.  We are really looking forward to see how it will affect his weight once his thyroid levels are up to their proper levels. 

6 comments:

  1. Right now, Sasha and I are cracking up because he asked for a snack and served himself handful of peanuts. Then he stopped halfway through and said, "I'm full!"- we are laughing because we can't believe how much oxytocin has changed our lives. It's so unbelievable, we just have to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually don't believe in miracles; but this sure feels like one. Of course, most "miracles" take hard work and tenacity on the part of those who absolutely will not give up searching for answers when all around are telling you there is nothing to be done. Never give up! Never surrender!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ida!!! Your comment appeared twice so I just deleted the duplicate one. I look forward to seeing you and Julian at the picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't stop reading, it is almost 4:00am and tomorrow we have an appointment with my daughter's Endo at MdAnderson and I needed all this information...God Bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started reading all from the beginning of the blog😊. I just thank you from the bottom of my heart

    ReplyDelete