Translate

Monday, January 2, 2017

60) Compassion (and a request of a favor from me)

To follow up from yesterday as a quick update- Sasha's OGTT and insulin levels came back totally normal.  If he used to hypersecrete insulin before, he no longer does.  I believe this is due to oxytocin and have cited literature (post #8) which describes oxytocin's benefits to metabolic health.

As I mentioned in my post from yesterday, I have been using this transition into the new year (as many have, I am sure) to reflect on the year. In doing so, I have felt deeply grateful for the chance to try oxytocin and for the chance (thanks to social media) to share our experiment with you all.

I have been thinking about the impact that we (you, as someone who reads the blog and shares info with others, and me, as the experimenter and writer) can make on the future of medical treatment for these conditions for which there have been inadequate treatment (at best) and in some cases, for which there have been no treatments made available.  In the last several months since starting this blog, I have heard from several readers who have been able find endocrinologists to prescribe oxytocin.  Unfortunately, there still aren't a lot of them out there (yet) but the drug trials are going on now and hope is in the horizon.

Because I announce my new posts on Facebook groups, I end up in e-conversations with those of you  on FB who may share with me that you were able to find a doctor to prescribe oxytocin or that your child will be starting in the CHOP study, etc.  Some of you have contacted me privately to share with me that you(r child) started oxytocin but has not seen any improvement.  Here is where we could be of even more help to each other in crowdsourcing for a cure: whatever information you may have to share that might be useful for another reader (names of prescribing doctors, dosing of oxytocin that work or that don't work, etc.) PLEASE share it in my blog under the comment section.  You may post anonymously, of course.  As much as I would like to be able to mentally hold all the info that I have gathered from you all, I cannot do it and I can't always recall from which FB group I gathered certain helpful info.  Also, Sasha is only one person with his unique physiology and body chemistry.  For me and for other readers, it would be lovely to hear from other oxytocin experimenters so we could all learn from each other! Thank you all in advance.

Something else...
I have also been tracking the various nations from which you all originate and it is very exciting indeed to note that I have counted a total of 77 nations from all over the world that have read this blog.  I have noted that some of the countries are in political conflict with the US and many of the countries have been in conflict with one another historically or even in the present.  Well, there's nothing like the human condition (health problems, in this case) to unite us, is there?

Our compassion (literally, "suffering together") knows no boundaries and THAT, my friends,  is a beautiful thing.

1 comment: